Eventually I automated the snippet creation process (note that this early version may not work 100%). Once I realized that the sharing link generator was getting quite a bit of organic traffic, I decided to buy the simplesharingbuttons.com domain and add some nifty new features to the site.
Fast forward to today, shortly before the site’s 3rd anniversary (going by the domain registration date), I decided to open the source code of the site.
I’ve been meaning to do that for a long time, but as I mentioned, this is one of my oldest projects and you can definitely see the room for improvement.
Rather than to continue waiting for that perfect moment, I’m releasing the code now as it is, but I do plan on dedicating more time to fixing the site and adding more features.